Sunday Nov 4th 1-5pm
Delmar & Palo Pinto
Join your BACD neighbors for food, fun, and music at our annual Fall Party social and fundraising event featuring:
GREAT BACD BAKEOFF
Proceeds benefit neighborhood improvement projects and local schools.
Want to get involved? Contact the following chairs to find out more about entering
contests or donating items:
CHILI COOKOFF Michele
GREAT BACD BAKEOFF Marla (email@example.com)
BREW BOAST Darren (firstname.lastname@example.org)
CORK PULL Claudia (email@example.com)
SILENT AUCTION Melissa (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Or join us at our next planning meeting on October 8th @7pm. Email us for details and location.
DARREN DATTALO, REALTOR
CHARLIE’S CREOLE KITCHEN
THE DENTIST ON SKILLMAN
GOLD RUSH CAFE
TIMES TEN CELLARS
504 BAR AND GRILL
DALLAS GRILLED CHEESE COMPANY
THE CORNER MARKET
JIMMY’S FOOD STORE
STARBUCKS (Mockingbird Station)
HAIR BY JIMMY LEE
LAKEWOOD VET CENTER
AND MORE TO COME…
We’re still seeking sponsors for this year’s party. If you or someone you know would like to donate items or funds for the silent auction or if you would like to be involved in planning the Fall Party, please email email@example.com.
Go-Go Goliad could not have happened without the contributions of many, including the following:
- Cash donations from the Wilderman Family, De and Steve Swift, Peggy and Jack Turlington, Jamie and Brooks Cannon, Kevin and Rebecca Bailey, the Samart Family, Anne Sparks, and Jennifer Galarza and Casey Smith.
- Donations of food, drink, and time from Kevin and Rebecca Bailey, Jeff Oestreich, Tom and Caitlyn Colosky, Kenneth Hamburger, Blane Balch and Harley Cozewith, Margaret Muir, Darren Dattalo, De and Steve Swift, and Mayer Danzig.
- Our wonderful live band, Owen Swift and the Modernists.
- Our hosts, of course! Joe and Julie Marshall.
Thank you all for your contributions toward a successful event!
Belmont’s efforts in 2018’s Porch Crawl wouldn’t have been possible without many volunteers, including the following:
- Kristin Scholer and Zach Howard—our awesome Hosts—contributed cash towards the event and countless hours in preparation—hat decorating, food prep, house/yard decorating, and so much more!
- Bob Perrillo – Our artist extraordinaire (Boblo Picasso) for our photo op horse and jockey and also for donating and distributing water for all streets.
- Kristina Corcoran and family for money donation.
- Will Rainey and family for money donation.
- Geyden and Barry Sage for money donation and countless hours in preparation—hat decorating, food prep, house/yard decoration and volunteer coordination.
- Lara and Steve Davis for money donation and hours of assistance in preparation of all kinds.
- Kristi Dietz-Divin for money donation and hours of assistance in food preparation.
- Judy and Pat Ongena for helping out (again) with the sign in table.
- Jim Sorg for being the man with coolers and the ice (again).
- Mark Gilcrease for being the man with the music and set up so we could all hear it!
Belmont and the rest of BACD appreciate you!
BIG thanks to the following sponsors, without whom our part in this year’s Porch Crawl would not have been possible:
- Slater’s 50/50, Terilli’s, Rockstar Bakeshop, and Jimmy’s Food Store generously donated our food items.
We had many volunteers! Here are just a few of them:
- Thanks to Doug and Margaret Apgar who donated our poker visors for our block.
- Thanks to Michelle and Walter Johns who helped with decor, setup, and creating our specialty shot in Elvis’s honor!
- BIG thanks to Bri and Carl Zayac who donated time and money toward the bulk of our decorations, in spite of the fact that they were out of town for the event!
- Thanks to Teri Harper and David White for running our table games during our hour. Teri designed and painted our Viva Velasco sign!
- Thanks to Lee Attaway for lending his cooler and providing ice to keep our beverages cold!
- Thanks to Elisa Attaway and Erin Clark for manning the check-in table during the event.
- And last but certainly not least – thanks to our hosts Charlie and Amanda Floyd! Our block’s success is tied directly to your hospitality.
Porch Crawl 2018 is just 9 days away! Get ready to crawl from Belmont to Llano on April 28, starting at 6 PM. As a reminder, here are the host homes:
• 5923 Belmont (Scholer-Howard) 6pm
• 5833 Goliad (Marshalls) 7pm
• 5718 Palo Pinto (Canelakes) 8pm
• 5706 Velasco (Floyds) 9pm
• 5739 Llano (Disarios) 10pm
As always we need sponsorships to help defray the cost of the event. Although we do raise some limited funds through the sale of BACD swag, those mostly go toward the cost of the wine and beer provided at the stops. Additional costs for decorations and food at the stops can add up. If you would like to donate toward your street’s party or towards the event as a whole, drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sykes Family (Belmontonian)
Perrillos (Quarter Horse)
Cari & David Hooper (Belmontonian)
Michael & Susan Williams (Thoroughbred)
Matthew & Sara Enzler (Arabian)
Alma Alden, Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
Hartman Terilli Realty Group
Kellie Disario, Keller Williams
Jimmy’s Food Store
We recognize our sponsors in the newsletters, BACD web site, during events, and by sponsorship levels:
• $75:Quarter horse
• Over $100:Belmontonian
Checks can be made payable to “Belmont Addition CD” and mailed to 5901 Palo Pinto.
Don’t forget, we’ll have wine glasses and BACD bottle opener/flashdrives for sale at the event, which will help cover costs. Bring cash or check!
Last November at Fall Party, we raised over $5,000 for Lee Elementary. This school, which serves BACD and several other nearby neighborhood organizations, has a robust Dual Language (Spanish) and IB program, which also includes a Spanish component. When we asked for a “needs inventory” for the school, the teachers overwhelmingly requested Spanish language materials. So, we agreed to provide library materials in Spanish for all grades.
In addition to the supplies delivered earlier this year for the younger grades, BACD has now delivered the dual language supplies for grades 4 and 5, as well as materials for an upcoming writing exercise. Specifically, BACD donated:
• two complete sets of Spanish-English dictionaries to be used by the Grades 4 and 5 classrooms. Previously, teachers had been borrowing dictionaries from one another to gather enough random dictionaries for the students to use during testing where permitted.
• four novel sets in Spanish. These are the first complete novel sets in Spanish owned by the school and allow the kids to read and discuss the same book together. They have already started reading their first novel.
• additional books and learning materials that are already in use as homework for the kids
• materials to support the school’s first Rail Writers field trip involving creative writing while riding the TRE to Fort Worth and back.
Thanks to everyone who supported this effort at the Fall Party fundraiser, and special thanks to our own Scott Clark for working to get the materials to the school. For more information on BACD projects, feel free to email us at email@example.com.